This is my go to recipe for easy and delicious beets. You can make it with any kind of beets and it never fails to win accolades, even from sworn beet haters. I particularly like to make it with Golden beets.
Servings 4 people
- 1 bunch golden beets trimmed and rinsed.
- 1 large chopped shallot
- 1 tbsp chopped dill thyme, basil or chives
- 1 tsp grated lemon or orange zest
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon or orange juice
- 2-3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place whole, trimmed beets in a pyrex baking dish with 1/2 cup water. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for an hour or until beets are soft( not mushy) to the touch.
- Remove from oven and remove foil. Let cool.
- Peel beets and then slice into thick wedges.
- Place warm beets and all other ingredients in a bowl and toss to mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Click here to learn why you need to incorporate beets into your diet!