Zoodles & Shrimp with Lemon Pesto
This delicious meal is impressive enough for guests, but simple enough for a Monday night. The zucchini noodles (aka zoodles) trick you into thinking you are eating pasta.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 packed cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup best quality olive oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lb medium sized shrimp shelled & deveined.
- 1 Tbs. Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 large zucchini
- Combine garlic, almonds, cheese, salt & pepper in a food processor and pulse until almonds are finely ground. Add basil, parsley, mint, olive oil and lemon juice and process until smooth. You can make ahead.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan until very hot. In a bowl toss the shrimp with oil, salt and pepper. Grill in a single layer 2 minutes a side. Remove from heat.
Wash and trim ends of zucchini. Run through zoodler or vegetable spiralizer to make zucchini noodles.
- Saute very briefly in a pan with a splash of olive oil, add 3/4 cup pesto to the pan and warm through.
In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add 3/4 cup pesto and zucchini noodles. Mix to combine and warm through. 2 minutes.
Divide zoodles into 4 bowls and top with shrimp. Garnish with a sprig of mint and freshly ground pepper.
The zoodles also go well with my Simple Healthy Chicken Parmesan. Make a double batch of the pesto it is also delicious on chicken, pork or fish.