Everyone loves meatballs, and these are a game-changer. Ground turkey lightens up traditional beef, veal, and pork meatballs while spices and chiles add flavor. Baking them in the oven solves the need to fry them on the stovetop, freeing you up to make a tasty salad or my favorite oven-roasted cherry tomatoes.
Yummy Turkey and Spinach Meatballs Recipe
- 16 oz bag chopped frozen spinach thawed and squeeze to remove excess liquid
- 1 1/2 pounds ground raw turkey
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 serrano or jalapeno chile seeded and chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup CauliCrunch or gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Crushed fennel seed
- Juice of half a lime
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large bowl, combine turkey and all the other ingredients. Using clean hands or rubber gloves, knead everything together and allow the mixture to sit for 20 minutes before shaping into balls.
- Using two spoons or an ice cream scoop, place balls of turkey mixture on parchment or foil-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the meatballs before serving.