Cooking fish at home is a culinary challenge for everyone. No one likes the lingering smell of fish or trying to figure out how to create a restaurant-quality dish in their kitchen.
White fish with herbed roasted cherry tomatoes is a perfect recipe for cooking fish at home and making it delicious. I love this simple recipe that serves as the basis for quickly cooking fish at home. I add fresh corn in the summer; in the winter, tiny new potatoes and Nicoise olives. Creating a flavorful broth evenly and rapidly cooks the fish making this a swoon-worthy quick weeknight dinner. This recipe is a game-changer for cooking fish at home and turns out great every time!
White Fish With Herbed Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs mint, basil, parsley, chives or whatever herbs you enjoy.
- Reserve extra fresh herbs for garnish.
- 1 tsp. yellow or white miso dissolved in 1/2 cup water or 1/2 cup of fish or chicken stock.
- 1 5-6- oz mild white fish fillet. I use frozen Barramundi or cod.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a lidded skillet large enough to hold the number of fillets you are using. Add a dash of olive oil, garlic, shallot, coriander, and cumin and sauté for two minutes. Add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Rinse cherry tomatoes and place them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Place in preheated oven and roast for 25 minutes until tomatoes are plump and juicy.
- Stir miso or broth into spice butter and add the cherry tomatoes and their cooking juices and add chopped herbs.
- Season fish with salt and pepper and tuck into tomato broth mixture. Bring to a simmer and cover until fish is cooked through, about 8 minutes. Fish should flake easily.
- Place fish on a plate or bowl and top with tomato mixture and garnish with additional fresh herbs.
Enjoy the deliciousness!