Veggie Tacos El Pastor
- ½ a sweet onion diced
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks with ¼ cup juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp mild chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp olive of safflower oil
- 8 oz tempeh cut into 1-inch long strips
- 3 cups shredded raw sweet potato
- 2 tbsp Bragg’s aminos or soy sauce
- Corn tortillas
- Toppings, chopped green onions, jalapeños, cilantro, pineapple salsa, queso fresca, diced avocado or sour cream mixed with chili powder
- Place onion, pineapple, lime juice, chili powder, liquid smoke, smoked paprika, cumin, and oregano in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. Let rest.
- In a large skillet, warm oil over medium heat. Add tempeh and sauce for 2 minutes, fold in sweet potato and sprinkle with the Bragg’s or soy sauce. Cook 3-5 minutes until sweet potato softens.
- Pour the sauce from step 1 over the tempeh and sweet potato mixture and cook 3 minutes stirring gently.
- Warm the tortillas and then fill ⅓ full with tempeh and sweet potato mixture and garnish with toppings of choice.
This hardworking food processor makes all of my recipes even easier. From salads to desserts it does it all. I have had mine for 20 years!