Visions of the Amalfi coast will drift through your head as you sip this delicious version of Limoncello that utilizes both regular and Meyer lemons. Amazingly, it has less added sugar and more depth of flavor. Limoncello makes a splash in a glass of Prosecco, can be frozen as a dreamy frosty sip of summer, or fills your mouth with flavor as an after-dinner liquor. Make several batches to give away this holiday season; but be sure to keep one for yourself.
Servings 1 quart
- 1 quart vodka of choice
- Zested peel of 4 washed lemons careful not to get any white pith
- Zested peel of 4 washed Meyer lemons careful not to get any white pith
- 3/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- Wash and zest lemons. Combine with vodka in a large glass container in a cool place for 7 days.
- In a medium sauce pan, stir cold water and maple syrup over medium heat to combine. Let cool.
- Strain vodka through fine mesh or coffee filters, into a clean container and add maple syrup water.
- Steep in a cool place for another week. Pour into clean bottles and decorate for gifting.