Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- 6 medium tomatillos rinsed and husked
- 1 jalapeno or 2 serrano chiles stemmed seeded and chopped finely.
- 6-7 sprigs cilantro rough chop
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice and salt to taste.
- Roast tomatillos and chilis on a baking sheet under a hot broiler until black and roasted, approximately 5-6 minutes a side. Flip and broil other side.
- Place tomatillos, chiles and their pan juices in food processor.
- Add 1/4 cup water, cilantro and pulse into a chunky mix.
- Chop red onion and rinse under cold water. Drain and blot dry.
- Stir onion, lime juice and salt into chile, tomatillo mix. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve with blue corn tortilla chips or as a sauce for chicken, pork or seafood.
This hardworking food processor makes all of my recipes even easier. From salads to desserts it does it all. I have had mine for 20 years!