Three Ingredient Overnight Steel Cut Oats
This is a simple twist on preparing oatmeal that makes it easy to have a nutritious breakfast that is ready to go.
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 cup steel cut oats I prefer McCann’s
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a heavy saucepan bring the water to a boil.
- Add the salt and oats, stir and bring back to a boil stirring.
- Simmer for 1 minute, stir again.
- Remove from heat and let sit until oatmeal comes to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- I store mine in a large Mason Jar with a loose cap.
- Overnight oatmeal is delicious with pomegranate seeds and walnuts*. By adding powerful antioxidants and healthy fatty acids I have energy to get through the busiest mornings.
Walnuts are a great source of serotonin and omega-3 fatty acids.