I have the most wonderful mother-in-law. In all my years of marriage, she has never said a single negative thing to me. She was also a mother of 3 kids under four and someone who cooked because she had too, not because she loved it. Like many women, she had an arsenal of tried and true recipes that got the job done. Canned soup played a starring role in most of her meals, and this recipe happens to be delicious, despite its humble origins.
The Culinary Cure is all about finding ways to enjoy the foods we all love and making them healthier. I am not even going to pretend this is a healthy recipe. Of course, you can use gluten-free pasta or organic tomato soup. But at the end of the day this is just a tasty and easy recipe that satisfies the need for good old comfort food.
I happen to think the recipe tastes best when made with the specific brands mentioned. But feel free to improvise and make this recipe your own.
Three Ingredient Mac and Cheese
- 1 can Campbells tomato soup
- 1 1/2 sticks Cracker Barrel sharp white cheddar cheese grated
- 1 lb pasta cooked al dente
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente, or cooked until still firm but not soft.
- Drain noodles, but do not rinse. Put back in the cooking pot.
- Add 1 stick of grated cheese and tomato soup.Stir until cheese is melted. Reserve extra grated cheese for topping.
- You can eat as is or put in a buttered pyrex baking dish, top with extra grated cheese, and broil until the top is crispy and cheese is melted.