Sweet Potato Waffles with Pecan Crunch
Sweet potatoes are a nutritional powerhouse that deliver a zillion nutrients are loaded with beneficial starches, fiber and polyphenols. This is an easy and delicious recipe to maximize the nutrients without adding unwanted sugar and carbs.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes scrubbed and cut in half.
- 1/2 a sweet onion with skin removed
- 2 eggs whisked together
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp granola
- pinch finishing salt
- Heat waffle iron to high.
- Using a vegetable spiralizer cut the sweet potatoes and onion into spaghetti thick spirals.
- Toss sweet potato and onion spirals together and mix well with 2 eggs and coconut flour. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in saute pan, add pecans, granola, curry powder and saute together until butter is absorbed.
- Add maple syrup to pan and mix well over low heat until mixture begins to dry, add more butter if it sticks to the pan.
- Place 1 cup of sweet potato, egg mixture on to each waffle spot on a WELL GREASED waffle iron.
- Cook until crispy, I did 3-5 minutes each waffle. Should be browned and crisp.
- Serve with pecan crisp sprinkled over top.
Print or Download this Recipe!