Stone Fruit and Fennel Slaw Recipe
- 1 large fennel bulb washed and very thinly sliced. Fronds reserved for garnish
- 1/2 a sweet onion cut sliced very thin
- 4 very firm peaches or nectarines cut into thin slices
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Place sliced fennel and onion in a bowl. Combine water, vinegar, salt, and sugar in a saucepan, stir until sugar is dissolved and liquid is simmering. Remove from heat and pour over fennel and onions and stir to combine.
Let fennel and sit in the vinegar mixture for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced stone fruit to fennel onion mixture, stir to combine, and let it sit for 5 more minutes.
- Drain the fruit and fennel mixture well and place in a serving bowl. Garnish with fennel fronds.
Serve Stone Fruit and Fennel Slaw as the perfect side for Pickle Fried Chicken or a delightful alternative to the usual salads and sides.