Spicy Potted Tuna
This simple appetizer can be assembled quickly with MSC certified sustainable canned tuna packed in water. A dash of tabasco or cayenne pepper, and a few snips of fresh herbs, turn canned tuna into a sublime topping for crostini or endive.
- 1 6 oz can MSC certified sustainable water packed tuna drained
- 6 Tbsp. butter cut into pieces
- 1/4 tsp. Tabasco or ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. fresh chives chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Fresh pepper
In the bowl of a food processor, fitted with the blade attachment, place the drained tuna and pulse until smooth.
Add the lemon juice, Tabasco or cayenne and pulse. Add the butter, bit by bit until it is totally absorbed into the tuna.
Add the chives and pulse 5-6 times until they are incorporated into the tuna mix.
Pack tightly into a serving container and chill for several hours before serving.
Spread on crostini or endive spears to serve.