Smokey Clam and Corn Chowder
This hearty and healthy recipe for clam and corn chowder has all the traditional flavors you expect from a chowder, with a burst of freshness from the corn and a rich, smokey flavor from the smoked paprika. This is a favorite for any time of year.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 leeks including 2’ of green top cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup celery diced
- 11/2 cups diced Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/2 tsp. fresh or dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 16 oz MSC certified sustainable seafood stock
- 1 8 oz MSC certified sustainable seafood clam juice
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 6.5 oz tins MSC certified sustainable chopped sea clams with liquid
- 1 cup of fresh corn off the cob can use frozen
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. fresh chives chopped
- 1 Tbsp. cream sherry optional
- In a heavy bottom stock pot add leeks, celery and potatoes and sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add cayenne, thyme, clam juice, half and half and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add corn and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add clams to the broth and bring to a simmer. Add sherry, smoked paprika and season with salt and fresh, cracked pepper to taste.
- Ladle chowder into bowls and garnish with fresh chopped chives