Simple Healthy Chicken Parmesan
- 4 boneless.skinless organic chicken breasts
- 1 24 oz jar Rao’s or other marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tsp organic Italian seasoning oregano, basil, thyme
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 Tsp fresh ground pepper
- Olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Working with one chicken breast at a time, slice in half horizontally, creating 2 thinner cutlets of equal size. Pat dry.
Mix herbs, salt & pepper and sprinkle over both sides of the chicken cutlets.
Heat oil in non stick skillet to medium high. Cook cutlets in batches, 2 minutes a side. Should not be cooked through but should be browned.set aside.
Pour 1/2 marinara sauce into bottom of rectangular roasting pan. Overlap chicken breasts on top down the center of the pan. Drizzle the rest of the tomato sauce down the center of the cutlets. Sprinkle cheese on the sauce on the top of the cutlets.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.