Simple creamy vinaigrette
The Simple Vinaigrette recipe can be taken to the next level with the addition of a few ingredients and turned into a delicious creamy salad dressing.
- 1/4 cup good white wine vinegar champagne, sherry or white balsamic
- 1/2 cup good quality olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sour cream creme fresh, yogurt or mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 small minced shallot
- salt to taste the mustard will add salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs basil, parsley, dill, tarragon or oregano or 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- Place all ingredients in a shaker bottle or mason jar and shake vigorously.
- Let rest for 10 minutes or longer before dressing salad.
Perfect over sliced tomatoes or with your favorite salad mix