The most dreaded cooking challenge in kitchens everywhere is turning out delicious and nutritious weeknight meals. This recipe delivers on all fronts. The longer the chicken marinates, the tastier it gets, making it easy to prep ahead of time and cook at a moment’s notice. I like to serve this with oven-roasted zucchini, yellow squash and eggplant, cucumber and tomato salad and rice pilaf.
Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma
- 2 lemons juiced
- 8 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into pieces
- 2 red onions thickly sliced
- Bunch cilantro chopped
- Prepare marinade by combining all ingredients except chicken, onion, and cilantro in a bowl. Add chicken pieces and marinate for at least an hour and up to three days.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Toss onion slices with chicken and spread evenly on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes in a preheated 425-degree oven. Chicken should be cooked through and crispy in parts.
- Serve with rice pilaf, oven-roasted vegetables, and tomato and cucumber salad.