This recipe for Sexy Apples is much more than a quick and easy way to start the day; it’s a compilation of ingredients that support a healthy libido.
Apple skin contains phloridzin, which improves vaginal lubrication and increases blood flow to the female sex organs. Saffron has two active ingredients, crocin and safranal, linked to improved mood, arousal, and lubrication. And Fenugreek seeds increase the level of estradiol, a female sex hormone that increases blood flow to the genital area.
Sex-boosting benefits aside, this is a quick and nutritious recipe that energizes deliciously.
Sexy Apples with Saffron and Fenugreek
- 2 medium organic apples cored and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tbsp butter from grass fed cows or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 16 fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 tsp crushed saffron threads
- Place water, butter, grated ginger, cinnamon, fenugreek seeds, and saffron in a sauce pot with a lid.
- Heat water mixture over medium heat until simmering and butter is melted. Add apples and fold to combine well.
- Cover and gently simmer until apple skins begin to shimmer and flesh to soften. It takes about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and scoop apple mixture into two bowls. Be sure to put eight fenugreek seeds in each bowl. Top with a dollop of coconut milk yogurt and a generous sprinkle of ground raw flax seed.
Apples can be cooked ahead and reheated or enjoyed cold.