Eggplant Sage Stuffing
Not going to pretend that eggplant stuffing will make your forget your favorite bread version, but this recipe is so good you should give it a try. Eggplant does not have much flavor of its own, so it adapts to the flavors you add, making it a fantastic gluten-free substitute for traditional stuffing. Put some turkey gravy on it and you are good to go!
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 minced shallots
- 3 medium eggplant peeled and cubed
- 1 stick butter melted
- 2-3 tsp fresh thyme
- 3 beaten eggs
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp ground sage
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Drizzle olive oil over cubed eggplant, add a couple of pinches of salt and grinds of pepper and toss well to mix.
- Place cubed eggplant on a greased cookie sheet, or two, spread out and bake for 30-40 minutes or until eggplant is starting to crisp and dry.
- Saute celery and shallots in butter until crisp tender.
Whisk eggs, add fresh thyme and ground sage.
- Combine eggplant cubes with celery and shallots.
- Add egg and butter mixture to eggplant combining well.
- Place in buttered baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 375 for 45 minutes.