Fresh pineapple is loaded with vitamin C, manganese and bromelain. This makes pineapple a powerhouse for healthy cocktails. Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme that helps reduce swelling and inflammation, manganese and vitamin C are necessary for collagen production. The Pineapple Gingerita (Margarita) is practically a health and beauty tonic!
Pineapple Ginger Margarita
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup Reposado tequila
- 1 cup ice
- 1 Thumb size piece fresh ginger grated
- Zest from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt optional
- Pineapple spears
- Combine lime zest and Kosher salt on a small plate
- Wet the rims of 4 glasses with a lime wedge and dip in salt & zest mixture.
- Place first 5 ingredients in blender and pulse until blended.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with pineapple spears.