Pan Roasted Vegetables
This is a universal recipe for roasting vegetables. Roasting enhances their natural deliciousness and adding lemon zest and juice after cooking makes them shine! Prep double the amount of veggies to make your week easier by having a second batch ready.
- 1 sweet onion quartered
- 1/2 head of cauliflower or Romanesco cut into florets
- 1 cup brussels sprouts sliced in thirds
- 4 colorful carrots sliced on an angle
- 2 parsnips sliced on an angle
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- zest & juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- best quality olive oil drizzle
- salt & pepper
Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Toss all ingredients in first grouping in a bowl seasoning with salt & pepper last.
- Roast on a heavy baking sheet 40-50 minutes, turning vegetables half way through cooking.
- Combine last grouping of ingredients, sprinkle over roast vegetables and serve.