The best recipes are the simplest and use the freshest seasonal ingredients.
One of my favorite recipes takes advantage of ripe summer tomatoes and fresh herbs in a no-cook sauce. It’s so simple I should refer to it as an assembly of ingredients.
No-cook tomato sauce is perfect for hot summer nights and can be assembled hours before use. It’s tastier the longer the tomatoes, herbs, and garlic steep. Tossed with al dente pasta, it can be served hot or at room temperature, and the addition of grilled chicken, fish, or shrimp makes it a more substantial meal.
No-Cook Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 1 lb pasta cooked al dente
- 2 ripe medium/large size tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs or basil chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic minced
- 1/3 cup good quality olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Combine tomatoes, herbs, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Cook pasta al dente and drain quickly.
- Combine pasta and sauce in sauce bowl or pasta cooking pot and toss.
- Serve in bowls topped with grated parmesan cheese.