Peppermint has antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties. Because of this, peppermint tea may help alleviate clogged sinuses due to infections, the common cold, and allergies. In addition warm liquids, such as chicken broth and tea, have been shown to temporarily improve symptoms of sinus congestion such as a runny nose, cough, and sore throat.
Pomegranate seeds are rich in nutrients. Two compounds present in pomegranate seeds—punicalagins and punicic acid—are highly potent antioxidants.
Mint Pomegranate Wellness Brew Recipe
- 1 bunch of fresh mint about 5 stalks, extra mint leaves for garnish
- 1 Tbsp crushed fresh pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups boiling water
- Local honey to taste
- 1.Take a few leaves of the mint in one hand and sharply clap your other hand on top to smash the mint leaves and release their oils.
- Place the leaves into a teapot or glass container with a strainer lid. Repeat with the rest of the mint, saving a few small sprigs for each glass as a garnish. 3. Add pomegranate seeds to mugs and smash with the back of a spoon.
- Fill up the pot containing mint with boiling water and let the mint infuse for 4-5 mins or until the liquid starts to take on a slight pale yellow/green hue.
- Strain the mint tea into cups or heatproof glasses with smashed pomegranate seeds and sweeten with local honey if desired. Garnish each cup with reserved mint leaves.