Acid from lemons, fat in olive oil, fresh cracked pepper, and salt combined with shallots and turmeric, make a healthy and delicious combination. Turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and is the spice that makes curry yellow. Fresh pepper makes the turmeric more bioavailable, and using natural sea salt adds over 80 beneficial elements.
Several years ago, I got away from using vinegar in my dressings. The clean tang of citrus seems more palate-pleasing and fresh to me. This basic recipe is my go-to, use-it-on everything dressing. It is especially delicious on my Kale and butternut squash salad.
Lemon & Shallot Vinaigrette With Turmeric
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot finely chopped
- tsp thinly sliced fresh turmeric root - optional
- Fresh cracked pepper and natural sea salt to taste
- Put all ingredients in a jar, shake well to combine. Enjoy on everything!