Lemon, Basil and Garlic Marinade Recipe For Chicken
The secret to juicy, flavorful oven-roasted chicken is to use lots of herbs and citrus. Lemon helps to tenderize the meat, while the herbs and garlic add complex and exciting flavors. You can also make this recipe with chopped fresh rosemary, tarragon, or cilantro. And it works well as a grilling marinade; use indirect grilling to avoid creating AGEs.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small lemon (juiced)
- 1 tbsp Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1 large cloves of garlic peeled and coarse chopped
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts lightly pounded
- Preheat oven to 350 and place rack in the top third. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth and green.
- Place chicken breasts in a bowl or silicone storage bag with marinade. Let meat marinate for 1-2 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place chicken breasts on the baking sheet and put on the adjusted rack.
- Bake for 30 minutes turning breasts over after 15 minutes. Chicken should be firm, and juices should run clear.
Enjoy hot or use leftovers for lunch or dinner for up to three days.