Kale gets a bad rap for being dry and chewy but not when made with this recipe. The secret is to massage the kale in the dressing and let it rest before serving.
Kale Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
- 2 bunches of Italian kale often called Lactino or dinosaur kale, washed
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 currants
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Whisk lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Remove the ribs from the kale. Roll the kale leaves before slicing and chopping kale into bite-size pieces.
- Place kale into a salad bowl and add 1/2 of the salad dressing. Massage dressing and kale with your hands.
- Add pine nuts and currants to the salad and toss. Add more dressing as needed.