You are missing out if you don’t try this Jicama Wrap Appetizer!
The wraps for this Jicama Wrap Appetizer recipe can be found at Trader Joe’s and used as a healthy vegetable replacement for flour or corn tortillas. They make the perfect tortilla swap for soft tacos and work well as the foundation for simple roll-up appetizers. I love that they have a yummy crunchy texture and are only 15 calories each.
This recipe is made with guacamole, toasted almonds, cilantro, and chili powder. But any type of hummus, spreadable cheese, or dip also works well, and additions can include sesame seeds, currants, slivered olives, toasted pine nuts, and Everything But The Bagel seasoning. One great thing about this Jicama Wrap Appetizer recipe is that it’s very adaptable to whatever you have on hand at home at the time.
Wait, what is jicama?
In case you aren’t familiar with jicama, it’s actually a root vegetable that has a mild and neutral flavor. It’s also low in carbs and calories. It’s mild flavor and low carb count make it a winner for healthy wraps! Some people describe jicama as tasting like a sweeter and juicier version of a potato.
Jicama Wrap & Guacamole Recipe
- 1 package of Jicama Wraps
- 1 8 oz container of guacamole
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bag toasted slivered almonds
- Chili powder for garnishing
- Take one jicama wrap and spread with a thin layer of guacamole.
- Add a sprinkling of toasted slivered almonds to one end.
- Place sprigs of cilantro with stems across the almonds, with the leaves extending a bit beyond the wrap.
- Roll the jicama wrap starting at the end with the almonds and cilantro.
- Slice the rolled-up jicama wrap across the diagonal with a serrated knife. Do NOT push down, but gently slice to hold the shape of the wrap.
- Serve sprinkled with chili powder of paprika.