Hot Bacon and Corn Salsa is more of a dip than a traditional salsa. It is addictively delicious, easy to make, and always gets rave reviews.
I love fresh corn. The problem with corn is that it is one of the most genetically modified plants on the planet. There are many reasons why GMO plants are bad. I won’t elaborate too much, but the fact that there are no long-term studies on the effects of GMO’s on humans is very concerning. There are also indications that genetically modified foods are linked to inflammation in the body, especially the gut, and may be contributing to numerous diseases.
Hot Bacon & Corn Salsa is best when you make it with fresh, local, non-GMO corn. Skip the corn you find wrapped in plastic in the grocery store and head to your local farmers’ market to buy the best, most flavorful corn.
You can make a double batch of the cream cheese mixture so you have it on hand — because you will definitely be making this recipe more than once! You can also make the recipe the day before; just reheat it before serving. Be sure to top with the crisp bacon at the end. I like to serve this dip with gluten-free cassava chips or crackers; but, honestly, I think I could eat shoe leather if this was on it!
Hot Bacon and Corn Salsa Recipe
- 4 slices of thick-cut bacon diced
- 4 ears of non-GMO corn shucked and cut off the cob
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds removed and diced
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 scallions finely sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place a heavy skillet over medium heat and cook bacon until crisp. Remove cooked bacon from skillet and place on paper towels.
- Drain skillet, but do not rinse or wipe dry. Place back over medium heat. Add onion and cook until onion begins to soften and brown slightly.
- Add corn kernels and red pepper to skillet and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Place cream cheese, jalapeño and scallions in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until blended.
- Add cream cheese mixture to skillet with corn and stir over medium heat until bubbly.
- Remove from heat and top with cooked bacon. Serve with your favorite dipping chips
This hardworking food processor makes all of my recipes even easier. From salads to desserts it does it all. I have had mine for 20 years!
Want a summer salsa? Try my watermelon and cucumber salsa recipe!