Golden Borscht Recipe
- 14 cups water
- 6 large golden beets greens removed and beets peeled and quartered
- 1 fresh lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp yellow miso dissolved in half a cup hot water
- Freshly ground pepper & salt to taste
- Creme fresh
- Fresh dill chopped
- In a large pot, bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Add the beets to the boiling water and bring back to a boil, simmer for 30-45 minutes until the beets are tender.
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice, and let come to room temperature.
When cooled, puree beets and cooking liquid in batches using a food processor or blender.
- Serve borscht warm or chilled with a dollop of creme fresh and chopped fresh dill.
Beet greens are nutritious and delicious. Be sure to wash and chop the greens to sauté with olive oil and garlic.
This hardworking food processor makes all of my recipes even easier. From salads to desserts it does it all. I have had mine for 20 years!