Golden Borscht Recipe
This creamy golden version of the classic beet soup is delicious served both warm and chilled. A dollop of creme fresh and chopped fresh dill add the finishing touches. Enjoy with crusty dark bread for dipping and sopping up the soup.
- 14 cups water
- 6 large golden beets greens removed and beets peeled and quartered
- 1 fresh lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp yellow miso dissolved in half a cup hot water
- Freshly ground pepper & salt to taste
- Creme fresh
- Fresh dill chopped
- In a large pot, bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Add the beets to the boiling water and bring back to a boil, simmer for 30-45 minutes until the beets are tender.
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice, and let come to room temperature.
- When cooled, puree beets and cooking liquid in batches using a food processor or blender.
- Serve borscht warm or chilled with a dollop of creme fresh and chopped fresh dill.
Beet greens are nutritious and delicious. Be sure to wash and chop the greens to sauté with olive oil and garlic.