Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Richly colored pumpkin with its concentrations of vitamin C, B1, Folic acid, pantothenic acid, potassium, and fiber makes an excellent addition to breakfast. Adding flavorful Pumpkin Pie Spice to this simple gluten-free recipe makes it easy to enjoy pancakes without guilt.
Servings 2 people
- 2 bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Place bananas in a bowl. Use a fork or an immersion blender, mash or blend banana until creamy and smooth.
- Whisk eggs until frothy. Add eggs, pumpkin and spice mix to bananas and blend or whisk the batter till smooth.
- Place a generous pat of butter in a non-stick frying pan and heat until bubbly.
- Pour 1/4 cup scoops of batter onto the hot buttered pan and cook pancakes until golden on each side. Add more butter if needed.
- Serve pancakes topped with banana slices, a drizzle of maple syrup and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice.
*batter can be made the night before and refrigerated