Ok, a little disclaimer here, this Gluten Free Banana Blueberry Bread recipe was my grandmothers. However, I modified it to make it gluten free and less sweet. The great news is that it is still equally delicious. It reminds me of my visits to Key Biscayne, Florida where my grandmother would always make a fresh loaf for me to enjoy during my stay. When I modified her recipe, I added blueberries for juicy flavor and natural sweetness and increased the spices to compensate for the reduced sugar.
You can make this Gluten Free Banana Blueberry Bread just to have around the house for an easy breakfast or snack. I also love to give it as a gift to friends and family. Another great way to enjoy it is to do what my grandmother used to do and whip up a fresh loaf when you have guests. The smell, warmth and comforting taste will make them feel even more welcomed and at home.
Once you make this Gluten Free Banana Blueberry Bread, you may have extra blueberries or bananas on hand. In that case, try out some of these other recipes made with blueberries and/or bananas!
- Simple Banana Pancakes Recipe
- Banana Berry Microwave Mug Muffin Recipe
- Spiced Banana Peel Sleep Tea Recipe
- Baked Cinnamon Banana Bites Recipe
If you’re looking for another great breakfast recipe, try this Spinach and Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Bake Recipe.
Gluten-Free Banana Blueberry Bread Recipe
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 8 oz salted butter at room temperature
- 2 large or 3 small ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon nut or oat milk
- 2 cups 1 to 1 gluten-free flour Bob’s Red Mill makes a good one
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Butter a 9 inch loaf pan
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat until creamy and smooth.
- Add eggs to butter mixture one at a time, beating well after each to incorporate.
- Mash bananas in a bowl ( it helps to mush them in their skin first ) with nut milk and add to butter and egg mixture incorporating well.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together well.
Add dry ingredients to butter and egg mixture and gently mix to just combine the ingredients without over mixing the batter.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake in 325 oven for an hour or until a tester comes out clean.
Cool loaf in pan for 20 minutes and then remove from pan to cool completely on a cookie rack.
- Slice and serve. I like mine toasted with a dab of butter from grass-fed cows.
I love making healthy delicious and easy. This Banana Bread is a family favorite and I am glad you enjoyed it.
Eat Well. Be Well.