My motto is cooking should be simple and delicious. And recipes should be versatile, so swapping ingredients is easy. Any firm cheese you can grate will work, and so will regular flour.
If you have a food processor, this recipe comes together in minutes, can be made ahead and kept in the fridge, or frozen to use later.
I love keeping a dough log in the freezer for spontaneous entertaining or a Sunday Funday treat.
Easy Gluten-Free Cheddar Crackers Recipe
- 1 stick salted butter cut into 8 tbsp. slices
- 1/2 lb sharp cheddar gruyere, or other firm cheese, grated
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp One to One gluten-free flour like King Arthur
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp ice water
- Flake sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place all ingredients except water and sea salt in a food processor's bowl fitted with a metal blade.
- Pulse ingredients until crumbly. Add water and pulse to combine ingredients until they start to clump into a ball.
- Place dough on a lightly floured cutting board and roll it into a log approximately 11" long by 2 " wide. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for an hour or a few days. You can freeze the dough for three months.
- Line baking two baking sheets with non-stick baking liners or parchment. Slice dough into 1/2" thick rounds, sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 16-20 minutes or until crackers are golden and brown around the edges.
- Cool and serve.