I love easy. I especially love easy and delicious. This simple appetizer lends itself to multiple combinations and seasonal adaptations. A quick trip to Trader Joes for the ingredients and in minutes you can turn out healthy appetizers that feed the eye as well as the palate.
Easy Endive and Goat Cheese Appetizer
- 3 heads of endive Trader Joe’s sells a package with 3
- 1 small stick of herbed goat cheese softened to room temperature or Boursain cheese
- 1 Jar sun dried tomatoes packed in oil. Drain well and slice.
- 1 bunch fresh basil 10 leaves thinly sliced
- Rinse outer leave of endive, tossing any that are bruised or discolored.
- Cut bottom of endive and place spears around the edge of a serving plate.
- One by one take an endive spear and spread with cheese.
- Add sliced of sun-dried tomatoes.
- Top with thinly sliced basil.