I love easy. I especially love easy and delicious. This simple Endive and Goat Cheese Appetizer lends itself to multiple combinations and seasonal adaptations. A quick trip to Trader Joes for the ingredients and in minutes you can turn out healthy appetizers that feed the eye as well as the palate.
Endive is a small head of lettuce whose pale yellow leaves have slightly curly edges. Their small, cylindrical shape make them the perfect little vessels for tasty things like herbed goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes. Endives are slightly bitter, but I’ve found that their delicate flavor balances quite well with the heaviness of the goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes in this Endive and Goat Cheese Appetizer.
If you can’t find herbed goat cheese for this recipe, there are a couple of alternatives:
1.) You can add your favorite herbs to a bowl and mix it into the goat cheese to create your own herbed goat cheese.
2.) Alternatively, you can enjoy this recipe with plain goat cheese, with maybe a sprinkle of your favorite dried or fresh herbs on top.
Either way, this recipe is cool, crisp, creamy and delicious! Impress your friends at your next party with this one!
Easy Endive and Goat Cheese Appetizer
- 3 heads of endive Trader Joe’s sells a package with 3
- 1 small stick of herbed goat cheese softened to room temperature or Boursain cheese
- 1 Jar sun dried tomatoes packed in oil. Drain well and slice.
- 1 bunch fresh basil 10 leaves thinly sliced
- Rinse outer leave of endive, tossing any that are bruised or discolored.
- Cut bottom of endive and place spears around the edge of a serving plate.
- One by one take an endive spear and spread with cheese.
- Add sliced of sun-dried tomatoes.
- Top with thinly sliced basil.