Easy Chicken Dinner
- 4 chicken breasts bone in or 6 chicken thighs skin on, bone in.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes scrubbed and sliced 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes scrubbed and sliced 1/4- inch rounds.
- 1 medium onion peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon each chopped fresh rosemary and sage
- 1 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 chicken broth or water
Heat oven to 425 degrees.
Combine chili powder, salt and pepper and massage into chicken parts.
Put onion slices on bottom of oven proof baking pan large enough to fit the chicken so it is not touching.
Add potato pieces over onions and sprinkle with herbs and add some salt & pepper.
Put the chicken skin side up on the potatoes and bake on middle rack for an hour our until juices run clear from the chicken.
Let rest 10 minutes before serving.