Dried Citrus Peel Recipe
- citrus fruits limes, lemons, grapefruit, oranges, etc
- Wash and dry citrus.
- Using a sharp knife or vegetable peeler, get under the surface of the peel and cut away strips from top to bottom. Be careful to avoid the bitter white pith, it will not dry properly.
- Stack a few strips together at a time and slice them crosswise into thin (about 1/8-incpieces.
- Spread the peel in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in a 200°F oven until they curl and harden slightly – 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
*Dried peel can be chopped our ground
You can add the fresh skin to tea, salad dressings, smoothies, marinades, baked goods, oatmeal, and chia pudding. The dried rind will keep longer and can be added to your everyday cooking.