Everyone loves my deviled eggs. Well, almost everyone.
There is a growing number of family members and friends who are looking for more plant based options. I get it!
As a wellness coach I am always encouraging people to eat more plants and less animals. This recipe was a huge hit with everyone. All the yummy flavors and textures of deviled eggs, but in the most adorable red, white and blue potatoes. The recipe is simple too!
Deviled Red, White & Blue Potato Recipe
- 1 Bag mini red white and blue new potatoes
- 1 tsp. plain rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup each chopped fresh dill, fresh chives, fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped pickle of your choice (I use cornichons)
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1 stalk finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted-water to a boil and cook potatoes for 15 minutes or until firm cooked. Cool.
- Combine all other ingredients, except vinegar, in a bowl and mix well to create cream cheese and herb mixture.
- Cut potatoes in half. With a small spoon or melon baller, scoop a circle from each blue and red potato- place halves on deviled egg plate.
- Use as many potatoes as needed to fill egg plate with scooped potato halves. Save extra cooked potatoes for another use.
- Chop the scooped bits of potatoes until chunky and sprinkle with rice vinegar. Add chopped potatoes to cream cheese herb mixture and fold to combine.
- With a small spoon scoop cream cheese, herb, potato mixture into potato halves and garnish with paprika and fresh dill sprigs.
The perfect addition to your next barbecue or picnic.