Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberry Footballs
Dark chocolate (more than 70 percent cocoa) contains a number of antioxidants, proanthocyanidins, and many polyphenols. Combine that with delicious strawberries that are loaded with vitamin C, and you have a delicious and healthier option for cookies and bars. These not only taste great but they are absolutely adorable.
- 1 pint strawberries
- 12 oz dark chocolate
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or a little tube of white frosting
- pastry bag with fine tip or heavy duty plastic zip bag
- Melt chocolate either in a double boiler or in a glass bowl in the microwave-30 second intervals, stirring between until melted and smooth.
- Dip washed and fully dried strawberries completely in melted dark chocolate and place on a sheet of waxed paper to cool.
- Melt white chocolate either over a double boiler or in the microwave. Let cool for a few minutes and then put in a pastry bag with a fine tip or in a heavy duty plastic bag. If using the bag cut a very small hole in the corner of the plastic bag and pipe white football
Print or Download this Recipe!