Curried Asian vinaigrette
The beauty of the simple Asian vinaigrette recipe is its versatility. By customizing the foundation formula of acid, oil and seasonings in different variations the dressing changes completely. This version uses rice vinegar and a combination of sesame and olive oils with powdered curry, to create a wonderful dressing that works with salads and cooked vegetables.
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup of good quality olive oil
- 1/4 cup of sesame oil
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar optional
- 1-2 teaspoons of curry powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- Place all ingredients in a shaker bottle or mason jar and shake vigorously.
- Let rest for 10 minutes or longer before dressing salad.
Works well with bitter greens, steamed green beans, roasted carrots, butternut squash or sweet potatoes. Great with fall flavor salads and vegetables.