I love this recipe because its healthy, delicious, and easy. You can use any citrus and tweak the recipe to use what you have on hand.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Resting Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp minced garlic shallot or combination of the two
- 1/3 cup wine you can use red or white or even cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp citrus juice
- 1 tbsp grated citrus peel
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary or herb of choice
- 1 tsp dried thyme or oregano
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 4 bone in skin on chicken breasts
- 1 lemon lime or orange
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix olive oil, garlic, wine, citrus zest, lemon juice, herbs and 1 tsp salt
- Pour into a baking dish where the chicken breasts will fit without touching but be snug.
- Pat breasts dry and place skin side up over sauce.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Tuck citrus slices around the breasts.
- Bake 50 minutes, until chicken is cooked and skin is crisp you can pop under the broiler if need be.
- Cover loosely with foil and let rest 10 minutes before serving with pan juices you can reduce the juices to make an even more delicious sauce.