Not only are chia seeds a good source of healthy omega-3 fats, they can effectively lower blood sugar, help you stay hydrated longer and reduce risks factors for heart disease! The lovable little chia seed can absorb 37 times its weight in liquids, which means it’s always good to eat your chia seeds soaked. This easy peasy chia seed pudding incorporates the powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant powers of cinnamon and makes the perfect healthy breakfast or snack.
Cinnamon Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- Put almond milk in mason jar with lid or mixing bowl. Add cinnamon and then chia seeds.
- If using a mason jar drop the blender ball in the jar, put the lid on and shake. Shake several times over the next few minutes to ensure the seeds suspend in the almond milk and don’t clump on the bottom.
- If using a mixing bowl whisk the chia seed mixture for several minutes until the seeds are suspended in the liquid.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Enjoy with a dollop of yogurt and berries.
One of the easiest ways to make this recipe is in a quart mason jar with measurements on the side. Then you can make and store the pudding in the same container.
PRO TIP: Use a blender ball, you know that little thingy that comes in protein powder shaker bottles.