Chili Powder Chicken Thighs With Lemony Arugula Salad
- 2 Tbsp butter I like Kerry Gold
- 3 Tbsp chili powder of choice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt or more if desired
- Freshly ground pepper
- 10-12 bone in skin on chicken thighs ( trim excess fat )
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp best quality olive oil
- 1/4 lb organic arugula or mixed baby greens.
- Salt & pepper to taste
- crumbled feta or queso fresco
Preheat oven to 325 degrees, melt butter in roasting pan.
Combine salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin and oregano and sprinkle over both sides of chicken thighs, pressing into meat and skin.
Place chicken skin side down in roasting pan with melted butter. Cover tightly with foil and roast for an hour.
Remove pan from oven, remove foil and turn chicken thighs skin side up. Roast uncovered for an additional 25-30 minutes.
Turn broiler on high and broil for 2-3 minutes until skin is crispy and golden.
Mix olive oil & lemon juice and season with salt & pepper. Toss with arugula or mixed greens and top with crumbled cheese. Serve along side of the chicken thighs.