Chili Powder Chicken Thigh Rub & Recipe
Weeknight cooking is everyone’s biggest challenge. No one wants to figure out how to whip up a delicious, healthy dinner after a long day. This recipe is a game changer. The rub can be batched ahead of time, making assembly a snap. Even better, chicken thighs reheat beautifully; so cooking a bunch on Sunday can make for several weekday meals.
Servings 6 3 oz jars of rub
- 4 2.5 oz jars chili powder
- 2 2.5 oz jars dried cumin
- 2 2.5 oz jars dried oregano
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/8 cup freshly ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and pour into individual jars for gifting.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Sprinkle each chicken thigh with a tablespoon of chili powder mixture, covering both sides.
- Place chicken thighs skin side down in a roasting pan. Cover tightly with foil and place in preheated oven. Bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and remove foil. Turn chicken thighs skin side up.
- Return to oven for 15 minutes and bake uncovered.
- Turn broiler on high and broil chicken thighs for 2-3 minutes, or until crispy and golden.
- Let rest for a few minutes before serving. I recommend a lemony arugula salad as the perfect side to these tasty chicken thighs.