This is a really delicious side dish that almost makes you forget gluten laden mac-n-cheese, or worse boxed mac-n-cheese with powdered cheese. Make it your elegant holiday side dish of choice.
- 1 Head cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 oz cream cheese cubed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 12 oz grated cheese of choice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook cauliflower in in a microwave silicone vegetable steamer or steam until crisp tender.
- In a large pot heat milk, cream cheese and dijon mustard until about to boil.
- Add cheese and garlic powder and stir until melted.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cauliflower to pot with cheese mixture and coat completely.
- Place in oiled baking dish and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Broil on high for 2 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh thyme.