Carrot Top Pesto Recipe
- 2 cups of organic greens – carrot fronds beet greens, celery leaves, radish tops
- ¼ cup blanched almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place nuts and garlic in a food processor and pulse until coarsely blended.
- Add the greens and cheese, pulsing until well blended
- With the food processor running add the olive oil and pepper flakes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This is delicious over zoodles or other vegetable noodles and can be served hot or cold. I love it over grilled fish.
This pesto can be used as a dip, topping for meat or fish or as a traditional pesto on pasta.
This hardworking food processor makes all of my recipes even easier. From salads to desserts it does it all. I have had mine for 20 years!