Carrot and Parsnip Crispies Recipe
The next time you have carrot or parsnip peelings try this super simple technique to make delicious crisps to add to soups or salads.
- 1 bunch Carrot or parsnip peels
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp sugar
- Bring water to a boil and add sugar.
- Drop peels in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain then dry peels on a towel.
- Spread damp peels on a silat or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Bake 250 degrees for 1-2 hours or until curled, golden and crisp.
- The crisps make an elegant finishing touch to smooth soups and are a healthy crouton replacement for salads.
It is best to buy organic if you plan to use the peels, as the peel in a non-organic carrots and parsnips will contain pesticides.
Print or Download this Recipe!