Cabbage is a tasty powerhouse of nutrition, loaded with vitamins K, C, and B6, along with manganese and fiber. Its crisp texture and mild sweetness make it a versatile addition to salads, stir-fries, and soups. Besides its deliciousness, cabbage packs anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. Low calories and high in fiber, makes cabbage a smart choice for weight management. Enjoying cabbage isn’t just about flavor; it’s about embracing a nutritious, economical, and satisfying lifestyle. This is my favorite cabbage recipe and I promise if you try it you will LOVE it too!
Buttery Braised Cabbage Recipe
- 1 small to medium head of cabbage cored and sliced into ribbons and then cubes
- 4 tablespoons butter like Kerrygold
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Over medium heat melt butter with water in a heavy, lidded casserole or deep pan.
- Add cabbage and stir to coat with butter water mixture.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until cabbage is crisp tender and to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add additional butter if desired.