Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
Buttermilk combined with sour cream or creme fresh with a dash of lemon makes this blue cheese dressing pop. Perfect over sliced tomatoes, on a wedge salad with avocado, or as an indulgence over greens.
- 1/4 cup sour cream or creme fresh
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Dash of Tabasco or other hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
Put all ingredients except for blue cheese in shaker bottle or mason jar and shake vigorously.
Add blue cheese crumbles to dressing right before serving or sprinkle over salad and toss with dressing.