Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
Buttermilk combined with sour cream or creme fresh with a dash of lemon makes this blue cheese dressing pop. Perfect over sliced tomatoes, on a wedge salad with avocado, or as an indulgence over greens.
- 1/4 cup sour cream or creme fresh
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Dash of Tabasco or other hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Put all ingredients except for blue cheese in shaker bottle or mason jar and shake vigorously.
- Add blue cheese crumbles to dressing right before serving or sprinkle over salad and toss with dressing.