Broccoli has anticancer properties and contributes to cardiovascular and bone health. Rich in vitamin K, broccoli increases bone density and helps to lower the risk of fractures.
Asian Pears are a great source of prebiotic fiber, are low in calories and pack in potassium, magnesium, folate and vitamins C and K.
Broccoli and Asian Pear Slaw
- 1 Bunch of broccoli florets separated and stems peeled, trimmed and grated or julienned
- 5 sun dried tomatoes in thin slices
- 3 carrots coarsely grated
- 1 asian pear in 1/4” cubes
- 1/2 red onion finely sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in 1/2
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- optional-pepper to taste
In a large bowl toss the broccoli with salt and olive oil.
Add the other ingredients to the bowl with broccoli, toss well.
Add lemon juice and orange juice to salad and toss well.
Sprinkle with sunflower seeds before serving.