Broccoli has anticancer properties and contributes to cardiovascular and bone health. Rich in vitamin K, broccoli increases bone density and helps to lower the risk of fractures.
Asian Pears are a great source of prebiotic fiber, are low in calories and pack in potassium, magnesium, folate and vitamins C and K.
Broccoli and Asian Pear Slaw
- 1 Bunch of broccoli florets separated and stems peeled, trimmed and grated or julienned
- 5 sun dried tomatoes in thin slices
- 3 carrots coarsely grated
- 1 asian pear in 1/4” cubes
- 1/2 red onion finely sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in 1/2
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- optional-pepper to taste
- In a large bowl toss the broccoli with salt and olive oil.
- Add the other ingredients to the bowl with broccoli, toss well.
- Add lemon juice and orange juice to salad and toss well.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds before serving.