This creamy, caramelized banana gelato can be a yummy dessert or a cool after dinner drink.
Boozy Banana Gelato Recipe
- 2 bananas, sliced in half, lengthwise
- 2 bananas cut into rounds
- 1 Tbsp. salted butter
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
- Melt butter in non-stick pan. When butter is hot and bubbly, place sliced bananas cut side down in pan and cook over medium high heat. Cook for 3 minutes or until cut side is golden and caramelized. Remove from heat.
- Place banana rounds on a parchment lined cookie sheet and place in freezer
- After sliced bananas have cooled, slice in half forming 8 quarters. Place on cookie sheet with banana rounds and freeze overnight.
- To make gelato, place bananas, vanilla, and rum in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade and pulse until fully combined and mixture has the consistency of gelato. (Add a couple of ice cubes to the food processor and blend if you want a more icy version.)
- Scoop into compote glasses or bowls and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Click here for my simple Strawberry Banana Gelato recipe!