Best Apple Crisp
This apple crisp recipe is simple and delicious. It tastes like a favorite apple dessert my mother used to make when I was a child. I love baking a roast chicken for Sunday dinner, making a kale and radicchio salad and serving apple crisp for dessert.
- 4 cups organic apples washed and diced
- 7 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup flour or almond flour
- Butter a casserole or pie dish, add apples in a single layer*
- Mix water and cinnamon, and pour over apples
- Work sugar, flour, and butter together with fingers or in a food processor until crumbly.
- Spread flour mixture over apple mixture.
- Bake in pre-heated 400 degree oven for 30 -45 minutes or until apples are cooked and bubbly.
*you can add dried unsweetened cranberries for a pop of color