I do love a good gin and tonic! What single cocktail evokes the spirit of summer more than the classic gin and tonic? Gin has delicious herbal undertones; and gets taken to the next level of flavor with basil, mint and lime infused ice cubes in this twist on the summer classic.
Basil Infused Gin & Tonic Recipe
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 4 limes juiced
- 1 cup of water
- 8 oz gin
- 24 oz tonic
- Place basil, mint, lime juice and water in a blender, or bowl of food processor fitted with a metal blade, and blend for a minute.
- Strain lime, mint, basil mixture through a fine sieve and pour into a large, 4 cube, silicone ice cube maker. Place a fresh small basil leaf into each mold. Freeze overnight.
- To make cocktail, place 1 ice cube in each glass. Add 2 oz gin and 6oz tonic. Stir and enjoy.